If you know me well, then you know that one of my passions is traveling. I absolutely love love love going to see and experience new places. This year on of our Christmas gifts was an amazing Hjelm family cruise vacation! Luckily, the cruise left out of New Orleans, LA which is somewhere that I have never been before! We arrived on Saturday, the day after Christmas. Rick and Lynda arranged for a limo to pick up all of us kids from the airport. We had so much fun pretending like we were important. When we arrived at the hotel they were there taking pictures of us, which made us feel even more important. That night we were able to explore the famous New Orleans French Quarter. There were musicians playing in the streets, people getting drunk, people throwing mardi gras beaded necklaces down from their balconies, lots of scandalous stores, and beautiful architecture. It was fun to walk through at night and get a taste of what the crazy night life is like. I don't think I would ever want to be in town during Mardi Gras though. We ate at a famous southern seafood restaurant. I actually an not really a fan of seafood, but it was lots of fun being with the family and taking in the culture.
The next morning we were able to wake up early and explore the city some more. We went back to the French Quarter, but this time we saw the famous cathedral and the square near the Mississippi river. It was so beautiful! It reminded me of Europe, going to see all of the duomos and cathedrals. One of my favorite things about New Orleans is how so much talent is shared and expressed on the streets. I loved hearing all of the musicians, and seeing all of the artists. We also had the chance to enjoy one of New Orleans' famous beignets! Yum! I am so glad that I was able to see another American city. It was so fun!
7 comments:
We actually live pretty close to New Orleans. We'll have to try and check it out sometime. It looks like you guys had tons of fun!
I thought it was so fun to be in New Orleans! It's somewhere I've always wanted to go but didn't have a chance to visit! And the beignets were good. Those alone are a great reason to go back!
What an awesome trip! I love getaways around christmas!
So fun! You took tons of awesome pictures.
how fun you got to spend some time in 'Nawleans!
How fun!! I love the new picture at the top of your blog...you are so cute :)
i'm so glad you went to new orleans. i love N.O. wish i was there right now! go saints. that is fun you did a cruise.
Post a Comment